1) UNIFORMS: All students shall wear prescribed dance uniforms while attending classes.
2) MONTHLY GIFTS: A gift is proposed to be given to one student from each category Bharathanatyam,Carnatic music and Mohiniyattam who scores the maximum number of stars in a month.
3) PRACTICE BOOK: A practice book in a format prescribed by the school shall be maintained by the student for practice done at home and shall be attested by the parent or guardian. One star will be credited to the student for every ten minutes
of practice.Regular practice is essential for their study.
4) ATTENDANCE: Students should try to attend all classes regularly unless there is a case of emergency such as illness. School should be informed of the matter in such cases.
6) YEARLY TEST: Tests will be conducted twice every year to assess the progress of the student. Parent or guardian will
be informed of the result.
7) TEXT BOOK: A text book on each art being taught will be supplied to the students.
8) GRADUATION: The minimum duration of a course is five years.The certificate of graduation will be issued when the student has achieved a satisfactory level of competence and has completed the minimum period of five years.
9) SENIOR STUDENTS: Senior students who are performing exceedingly well will be given opportunity for teaching the art.They will be given payment for their work.
"Gajananam Bhoota Ganadi Sevitam
Kapittha Jambu phalasara bhakshitam
Umasutam Shoka Vinasha karanam
Namami Vighneswara pada pankajam"
Gh! Vigneswara, with the face of an elephant, who is worshiped by bhootha geneshas, who eats the essence of kapitha and jumbo fruits, who is the son of uma devi and allievates of all sufferings we offer over namaskaram on your feet.
Saraswathi Namasthubyam Vardey Kaamarupini Vidhyarambham Karishyami Siddhir Bhavathu Mey Sada Sanskrit to English Word Meaning Saraswathi.
O Goddess Saraswathi, salutations to you, the giver of boons and the one who fulfills all desires. As I begin my studies, I bow to the Goddess to help me in making it fruitful and make me successful in all my efforts. Brief Explanation This prayer is chanted before beginning a class or at the beginning of ones studies so that all learning may resolve in knowledge alone. It is addresses to Goddess Saraswathi, who symbolizes all forms of.
Angikam bhuvanam yasya
Vachicam sarva vangmayam
Aharyam chandra taradi
tam vande satvikam shivam.
We bow to Him the benevolent One
Whose limbs are the world,
Whose song and poetry are the essence of all language,
Whose costume is the moon and the stars..."
Bharathanatyam cha mahamathim
jnanam labyam tham gurum
guru bhahma guru vishum
guru jnanam guruve namaha
Knowlede of Bharathanatyam is given to you by your guru. Guru is the representative of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. We are doing namaskaram to guru’s knowledge.
Copyright © 2019 Natyalaya School of Arts - All Rights Reserved.
9401 N Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46260